Salary: $110,000.00 to $160,000.00 /year
Located in Aiken, South Carolina, our team is enlisted to help Savannah River Nuclear Solutions.
- Provide design engineering staff augmentation support to SRNS.
- Primary responsibilities include engineering task analysis, walk-downs, design development and generation of design output documents including but not limited to: Plan Drawings, Elevation Drawings, Piping Isometrics, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, Riser Details, Hydraulic Calculations (manual and electronically using “HASS” software), and Sway Brace Calculations in accordance with NFPA codes and standards.
- Provide technical support to site construction forces, start-up & testing, suppliers or subcontract personnel.Prepare Data Sheets, Statements of Work, Procurement Specifications, Design Build Specifications, and Purchase Requisitions.
- Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures.
- Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fire Protection Engineering from a four-year college or university required (entry-to-mid level positions).
- Candidates possessing full membership in the Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) or a NICET Level III certification in the applicable subfield are deemed to have met the above requirements.
- Master’s degree in Fire Protection Engineering or equivalent preferred (mid-to-senior level positions).
- Candidate must demonstrate eight (5) years recent design experience, four (4) of which shall be in suppression systems design.
- General knowledge of mechanical systems, P&ID development, pump calculations, line sizing, and mechanical equipment sizing calculations is required.
- Candidate must be capable of performing hydraulic calculations both manually and electronically using HASS software.
- Candidate must possess a working knowledge of NFPA Codes and Standards.
- Experience with 2D MicroStationComputer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) is preferred.
- Must be able to pass SRS Radiological Worker Training Level II to remain in this position.
- Must be able to walk-down systems in the field.
- Previous SRS design experience and familiarity with the processes and procedures for providing engineering support to SRS facilities is preferred.
- Professional Engineer Certification preferred.
- DOE L Clearance or ability to obtain is required.
- Excellent customer service and communications skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to deal with conflicts and stressful situations.
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint.
All eligible employees enjoy an excellent benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, short/long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off including holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
MS Technology, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.