Oak Ridge, TN
The successful candidate for this position will oversee MSTI’s Technology Solutions. Responsibilities include leading the market research, design, development, and deployment of critical innovative technologies required to solve our customer’s most challenging problems. The company’s current technology development programs are focused on industrial heating technologies, metal melting and casting, innovative microwave fluidized bed heat treating of aerospace and marine parts, and lifecycle process equipment improvements. These activities require an understanding of chemical engineering, metallurgy, materials science, process and equipment development, ceramics, and basic electronics. If selected, the successful candidate will support the development, design, and fabrication of equipment prototypes with the potential to lead this critical portion of MSTI’s business in the future.
- Establish and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Ensure proposed technical solutions meet customer needs.
- Conduct fundamental research, design, development, and prototyping activities and document and defend the resulting solution(s) to government regulators, government clients, and the public.
- Demonstrate hands-on research and development environment with basic electrical and mechanical skills for safely operating MSTI’s development laboratory.
- Demonstrate record of success and commitment to publishing technology development results in high impact periodicals.
- Plan work and manage the budgets on cost-reimbursable and firm fixed-price projects.
- Handle critical client interface to arrange funding, present research plans, and defend designs, technical approaches, and results.
Education / Experience:
- Master’s degree in Chemical, Metallurgical or Materials Engineering and four to ten years related experience and/or training required.
- Ph.D. in Chemical, Metallurgical, or Materials Engineering is preferred.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance.
- DOE/NNSA experience with Uranium/Nuclear programs a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of business development and the implementation of business development activities with large, client organizations required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- An interest in business strategy and the implementation technology solutions with large complex government client organizations.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex priorities with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to assist customers in resolving technical issues with complex technical projects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint.
All eligible employees enjoy an excellent benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, short/long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
MS Technology, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.