Salary: $110,000.00 to $160,000.00 /year
Located in Aiken, South Carolina, our team is enlisted to help Savannah River Nuclear Solutions.
- Provide design engineering staff augmentation support to SRNS.
- Primary responsibilities include engineering task analysis, walk-downs, design development and generation of design output documents including but not limited to: Location Plans, Connection Diagrams, Conduit / Block Diagrams, Logic Diagrams, Panel Detail Drawings, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, and Battery Loading Calculations in accordance with national consensus codes and standards.
- Provide technical support to site construction forces, start-up & testing, suppliers or subcontract personnel.
- Prepare Data Sheets, Statements of Work, Procurement Specifications, Design Build Specifications, and Purchase Requisitions.
- Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures.
- Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fire Protection Engineering from a four-year college or university required (entry-to-mid level positions).
- Candidates possessing full membership in the Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) or a NICET Level III certification in the applicable subfield are deemed to have met the above requirements.
- Master’s degree in Fire Protection Engineering or equivalent preferred (mid-to-senior level positions).
- Candidate must demonstrate eight (8) years of recent design experience, four (4) of which shall include alarm & detection systems design.
- General knowledge of electrical/control systems, connection diagrams, layout plans, logic diagrams, panel layout details, P&ID’s, and battery loading calculations is required.
- Candidate must possess a working knowledge of Codes and Standards applicable to fire detection and alarm systems, such as NFPA 70, NFPA 72, NFPA 90A, NFPA 101, IBC, and various other ISA and IEEE standards.
- Experience with 2D MicrostationComputer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) is required.
- Ability to use Windows Microsoft Office applications is required. Must be able to walk down systems in the field.
- Previous SRS Design Engineering experience is preferred.
- Professional Engineer Certification preferred.
- DOE Security Clearance or ability to obtain a clearance is preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communications skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to deal with conflicts and stressful situations.
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint.
All eligible employees enjoy an excellent benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, short/long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off including holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
MS Technology, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.