Salary: $110,000.00 to $160,000.00 /year
Located in Aiken, South Carolina, our team is enlisted to help Savannah River Nuclear Solutions.
- Provide design and construction oversight of structural engineering tasks to SRS. Structural engineering tasks include: analysis of structural systems for both static and dynamic loads using manual computation and computer programs; design of concrete structures; design of steel, aluminum, stainless steel, timber and composite structures; foundation and anchorage design; structural analysis for impact, overpressure, and other accident conditions; preparation of CSI specifications; and review of vendor documents.
- Engineering services shall be provided using SRS processes and procedures.
- Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRS.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a four-year college or university required (entry-to-mid level positions).
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent preferred (mid-to-senior level positions).
- Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in design and analysis of nuclear or industrial facilities.
- Candidate must demonstrate working knowledge of STAAD. Candidate must demonstrate working knowledge of National Codes and Standards such as IBC, AISC (ASD and LRFD), ACI, AWS, NFPA, and OSHA.
- Candidate must be able to perform field walk-downs to document as-installed conditions.
- Experience in 2D Microstation Computer Aided Drawing and Design (CADD) is preferred.
- Previous SRS design engineering experience is preferred.
- Professional Engineer Certification preferred.
- DOE Q-Clearance preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communications skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to deal with conflicts and stressful situations.
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint.
All eligible employees enjoy an excellent benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, short/long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off including holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
MS Technology, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.